Leaving, swallows and co.



So I leave today.
       
        I leave this county, who kindly accommodates loitering cats and dogs, and equally pacified humans; where I came to settle my restlessness, and return Myself.
 
        Particularly agitated last night, I couldn’t fall asleep.  Thoughts flushed open the gates of mind, and flooded the room.  I was to return to the bizarre and somber city, where the only responsibility was to excel – it felt like Last Night on Earth.
        I sit on the windowsill and let the chilled air nibble on my fingers.  I emptied the room with theological conundrums, and filled the frigid air with the voice of a trusty friend.  I didn’t realize, but the hollow night already scented like Taipei.
       
        Looking out the train window this instant, the mountains and rice fields seem content enough.  So I leave with this: I will always have faith, in the leafy path to the seashore. 
        And childishly but adamantly (at least for a while):
        I must live in Taimali one day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music festival versus textbooks

Search of the Perfect Book (I)

A