Midday notes


The temperature suddenly dropped today.  It spoiled our plan to go swimming. 
There’s a swimming pool just 10 minutes away, which is supplied with underground water that rises and falls seasonally. 
        We went to the coast yesterday, me and Crystal.  The tide was coming in, I sit on a rock amid rising water.  Waves clash around me, they bounce to my chin, and I felt like an island.
        At dusk I was already drowsy.  I’m really quite weak.  Two hours of excitement would render the whole day faint.  In this respect I’m like a five year old.  My entire body tenses for a task of fingers.

        Bicycled through Pipa Lake to the shore this morning.  Returned in drenched clothes just in time to help wrap the zongzis.  Maybe I’ll go swimming later in the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music festival versus textbooks

Search of the Perfect Book (I)

A