Notes, Coachella


        #
        The Airborne Toxic Event’s performance was a lot of fun.  It was festive and entertaining, and each and every one of them is very talented.  I don’t especially like their music, but they made me wanted to be a part of the event.  Kind of like a day trip to Disneyland.  Bumping cars and roller coasters, not to forget the handshakes and the parades; a perfect day of happiness offered in shinny wrappers.

        #
        I absolutely have to learn more about Spiritualized.  I’ve paid so little effort to discover new music that I didn’t even know this great band. 
        They never shouted or interacted with the audience; obscure in dimmed illumination the pure force of their music overtook me. The instruments was beautiful.  Everything about them implies more.
       

#
Allen Stone is either a born performer or indulged with overflowing love.  At the end of Is This Love he looked like he was about to cry.  

I couldn’t help jumping and dancing along.



    #
    James Blake was highly intriguing.  It’s the first time I’ve ever took this genre seriously, and I suspect what I saw was brilliance.  Either way, it felt like he may have the potential to become even better in the future.
       
        #
        The xx, Smith Westerns, Franz Ferdinand, and Tanlines also left nice impressions.

        Now, away from the Californian sun I envy so, and back to studying.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music festival versus textbooks

Search of the Perfect Book (I)

A